Saturday, April 4, 2009

Jim Jones-Pray IV Reign

Photobucket

Don't let the cover fool you. this album does not display a more mature Jim Jones. In fact, its quite the opposite, if the first single "Pop Champagne", indicates anything, it shows that Jimmy doesn't even want to mature as an artist, he's just content to continue "Ballin", and enjoying his wealth, while ignoring that we are in a recession. while I'm proud that he made it out of the ghetto, and he's doing something with himself, i feel that hes rubbing his success in peoples faces with his second single " Na, Na, Na" which is basically saying "fuck you poor people, I'm rich!!
Granted the whole album isn't like this. The song "My My My" is reportedly a dedication song to his dear friend Stack Bundles who passed away a few years back.
A bonus track on the album called "Jackin' Swagga from Us" featuring Twista, Lil Wayne and NOE, is a direct diss to Jay-Z and T.I. mocking their song "Swagga Like Us". I don't even know why Jim Jones is still trying to diss Jay-Z, because he's not even important enough for Jay to even respond to his little pathetic disses. this song isn't even bonus track worthy. Plus i don't understand how Wayne gets to play both sides. Choose a team nigga! Anyway, this album isnt even worth downloading from Limewire. its that terrible. Avoid this album like the plague.

Score: 45 0ut of 100

And just because i LOVE u guys so much,heres "Na,na,na"!! You can thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment